Professional and Proactive Management of an Essential Growth Market
What is Channel Management? Why Use it?
Channel Management is setting up, coordinating, overseeing, and leveraging online booking platforms like Expedia, Booking.com, and Orbitz in order to strategically drive new revenues. It is also used to provide tremendous online marketplace exposure to your property, fill low occupancy periods, promote a consistent brand image online, and more.
High-Level Snapshot: It’s establishing new relationships on your behalf with Online Travel Agencies (OTAs), and the ongoing management of online rates, inventory, promotions, property data, room information, and photography.
Channel Management is essential for the following reasons:
- Optimize Visibility and Capture New Customers
- Every OTA is like an independent online store, helping bring in new customers.
- OTAs bring you tremendous online marketplace exposure. Sites like Expedia see 60 million+ unique visitors per month.
- Drive Bookings and New Revenues
- Strategically manage rates and inventory in order to increase bookings and bring in new revenue for your resort.
- Fill Low Occupancy Periods
- Leverage rates up and down easily and readily.
- Increase available inventory or implement small booking incentives to encourage last-minute bookings when occupancy dips.
- Plan in advance for low occupancy months and use promotions to fill rooms.
Effective and efficient Channel Management is essential to the survival of your business, plain and simple.
What We Do for You
Under our Channel Management program, Seasmoke will strategically manage your property’s online rates, availability, and content on online booking channels like Expedia, Booking.com, TripAdvisor, and many more.
We can also gladly provide additional services, including (but not limited to) expanding to GDS/IDC travel agent channels, and additional OTA channels through an automated channel management system. A recent study of more than 650 agents from 34 countries found that travel agents are using GDS more than ever before, and that’s one of many reasons why we are experts when it comes to Global Distribution Systems.
Seasmoke’s Channel Management Program provides significant benefits, including tremendous online exposure, new revenue and customers, and less in-house management time. OTAs are a growing force in the travel industry and will continue to do so throughout 2016 and beyond.
We have diligently crafted an infrastructure that services you and your needs straight out of the gate. It’s no exaggeration when we say we’re already hitting the ground running, working for you, within minutes of contacting us. Seasmoke frees management time so that we’re able to focus more on what we can do to promote your property through the OTA (Online Travel Agency) channels, monitor competitors, track reviews, move into revenue management, and so much more.
Let’s work together. We’ll even set you up with a complimentary assessment showing you exactly what Seasmoke can do for you. Contact Us